Director of Administration & Finance
Southern Illinois Electric Cooperative (SIEC) is an electric distribution cooperative serving over 8,500 members and over 11,000 meters. SIEC was established in 1938 and is headquartered in Dongola, IL.
SIEC seeks a full-time Director of Administration & Finance. The position is responsible for overseeing all financial and accounting functions of the Cooperative. The Director of Administration & Finance reports to the Executive Vice-President / General Manager.
- Manage all aspects of the finance and accounting functions through development and maintenance of sound accounting and business practices, procedures and systems.
- Effectively communicate to Executive Vice President & General Manager and to the Board of Directors the short and long-term financial situation and suggest alternative solutions.
- Issue reports and financial statements based upon accounting research and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop projections and evaluation of current and forward financial position to ensure compliance with creditor covenants.
- Provide overall management of accounting and finance personnel.
- Develop, maintain and recommend written policies for Board of Directors approval.
- Develop, maintain and recommend processes and procedures in areas of responsibility for EVP/GM approval.
Minimum Job Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Ten years of related and progressively more responsible experience.
- Five years of supervisory experience preferred.
- First-hand knowledge of electric utility business, including rate, regulatory, and cooperative matters.
- Analytical, spreadsheet and word processing skills, high proficiency in Office Suite.
- Experience managing work groups.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of accounting reporting requirements and generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting systems and software.Must be able to read and comprehend pertinent written business and government publications, policies, reports, etc. Must be able to draft grammatically correct business letters, articles, reports, press releases, etc., with the proper use of punctuation.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Illinois driver license.
- Must have the ability to work with and consistently meet deadlines under pressure while working on several projects simultaneously.
- Analyze, implement and operate financial accounting systems.
- Analyze and oversee the financial transactions of the cooperative.
- Manage the accounting cycle through financial statement preparation and report results to the Board of Directors.
- Review and place in effect generally accepted accounting policies as they apply to the cooperative. Ensure compliance of policies.
- Manage the audit process and act as liaison to external auditors.
- Manage the annual budget process and report any variances to the EVP/GM and Board of Directors.
- Analyze needs, negotiate, and administer financing agreements.
- Maintain appropriate systems for billing member and non-member customers/accounts.
- Assist and provide guidance in purchasing strategies to ensure cost-effective purchasing of all necessary materials for the cooperative.
- Responsible for assessing and ensuring coverage on various insurance policies such as vehicle, property, and liability.
- Provide expertise on local, state, and federal tax issues. Also, must be knowledgeable on property and sales tax.
- Make regular projections of the cooperative’s financial performance including compliance with all lender requirements.
- Provide accurate reporting of information to regulatory agencies.
- Provide accounting and financial support for negotiating contracts with consumers.
- Develop and maintain good relations with the financial community.
- Represent the cooperative at appropriate accounting forums, meetings, and other administrative programs.
- Manage work of consultants as required.
- Perform other special assignments and duties as assigned by the EVP/GM.
- Position requires the individual to work primarily in an office environment, however, some outside work may be required for special job assignments or during emergency conditions. Regular hours with some extended days due to work requirements. Overnight travel required periodically. Must always be prepared for involvement with crisis management when necessary.
Internal / External Applicants
- Apply by March 23rd, 2018 at 4:00 P.M.
- Send resume
- Send college transcript(s)
- Send professional reference (three) list (external applicants only)
- Mail or deliver to:
Bree Hileman, Director of HR & Administrative Services
Southern Illinois Electric Cooperative
P.O. Box 100
7420 U.S. Highway 51 South
Dongola, IL 62926
An Equal Opportunity Employer